A Professional Outdoor Adventure Service for your Dog
Saratoga Cupertino Sunnyvale Mountain View
Los Gatos Boulder Creek
Here are all the trails we have hiked that are dog friendly. Please always double check to see if conditions of the trails and dog rules have changed since.
Hiking Check List
- When hiking with your dog be aware of local leash rules. Most parks in the South Bay Area do not allow dogs off leash.
Only Pulgas RidgeOpen Space Preserve has an off leash area.
- Also most parks require you to pick up any waste from yourself and your dog. Please bring your own bags.
- Make sure before going on a hike if you and /or your dog can do it ! Check how long the hike will be, how steep it is,
check to see how much shade there is.
- Make sure to bring enough water, especially for your dog ! Dogs over heat very fast ! When its over 85 degrees
I do not take my "very fit" dogs on a hike longer then an hour and I make sure the hike is completely in the shade.
I bring along at least 1/2 a gallon per dog.
- Be aware of wild life, coyote's, rattle snakes, deer, bobcats, mountain lions.
- Be aware of poison oak.
- Be aware of other people on the trails not everyone likes dogs and some people can be afraid of them.
- please have your dog on a tick prevention if you do not want your dog to get ticks.